On 14.05.15 06:03, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 14 May 2015 05:05:09 andy pugh wrote:
> > On 14 May 2015 at 01:16, Gene Heskett <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Screen blankers are a PITA, so where does one shut those off
> > > forever?
> >
> > I am tempted to say "you can't".
> >
> > Just about the only way that I have found is a shell script that execs
> > "xset -dpms"
> 
> I can put that in a hourly cron script.  X historically has a poor memory 
> about that setting.  Something like
> 33 * * * * * xset -dpms
> 
> Done.

Don't know if it'd be needed, but if you ever need to turn off only the
screen saver, then ### (below) seems to do the job:

$ xset s on       # So we have one to turn off.
$ xset q          # Query all the xset guff.
...
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  600    cycle:  600

$ xset s off      # Disable it.  <<<====###

$ xset q
...
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  0    cycle:  600

I.e Off, but timer still running. And after a while:

$ xset q
...
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  0    cycle:  0

The thing's timed out as well as being disabled.

It is also possible to use:

$ xset s noblank

but I think that causes it to switch in screensaver video, which isn't
what we want. (That bit's untested)

Erik


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud 
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to