On Saturday 13 June 2015 10:46:42 Jon Elson wrote:
> On 06/12/2015 10:02 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I am well aware of that lack of a Santa Jack, but we're talking
> > about a couple kilowatts worth of iron & copper to have a CCS rated
> > setup. I don't mind paying some north of a $150 bill, but even at
> > that, the selection on fleabay is limited, or poorly described.
>
> Have you checked Hammond?  They have a listing of everything they
> make, I think available as a link through Mouser.  These are big
> toroids, and they have a couple models in the 1.5 KVA size.
>
> Jon

I saw quite a few of them on fleabay, but the tendency to just list the
hammond part number, expecting us to have a broswer page open to the
Hammon site so we can x-ref to volts & amps, disposes me to skip those
listings.  Hammond I note, seems to have purchased the Peter Dahl
production line when Peter retired.  Thats good news to us broadcasters
who have been getting our replacements for 50 year old iron from Peter
for decades.

The toroid I bought, 2000va, rates as 18.7 amps per 120 volt winding.
That ought to be able to get a motors attention.