Well, it looks to me like you need to change the name of the component to
something other than 'gladevcp'.  I think the panel gets the name 'gladevcp',
so
the tab must have a different name.

Try something like this
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Cycles
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn cycles gladevcp -c cycles -u
lathehandler.py -x {XID} lathemacro.ui

See also section 3.6 here:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gui/gladevcp.html#cha:glade-vcp

Moses