This is directed at Gene and his grips with the back plot showing spindle
center vs. cut edge.

I been pounding the keys for many a year since I was first trained on the New
Bandit level 1 control with a round RS-232 Amphenol mil spec output to a good
old teletype machine so proven programs could be punched out on paper tape.

In those years I have often found the need to creatively lie to the control to
convince it to do what I needed done.

Your backplot issue is a perfect example.

Make a duplicate of your final program and in that duplicate up the feed rates
to just below rapids. Change the Z values such that the tool will cut from say
.15 to .115 above the actual material. Change your tool radius comp value to
.0002"

Now you could just run the backplot on this duplicate - or add it as the first
part of the final program with an M0 program stop before the real program
starts. Maybe use block deletes on all the duplicate lines so the duplicate
won't execute with block skip/delete on.

There may be many different ways to skin a cat - but first I'm told I have to
kill the thing 9 times.

Another thing - once you get cutting with that new mill you will find that many
of the plagues you suffered with on that X1 are no longer an issue. Lexan and
Aluminum cut like butter - but you have to CUT them, creeping along shallow and
slow only dulls the tool and tries to push the material, not cut it. For Al a
trace of plain un-died Kerosene works like magic as a cutting fluid for
Aluminum. For Lexan / Polycarbonate some plain 70% isopropyl Alcohol can be
used when needed, but I usually cut that dry.

As for your encoder disc - I would cut it in 4 passes - BUT I would add a spot
drilling and drilling cycle to pre-drill thru where the tool does its plunge
move, as that is an easy way to take away one of the most likely breaking
points. (Actually I would cut it in 3 passes, but I would use a power mister or
full flood coolant.)