Andy;

This should be obvious to you. For most of the square sockets take out the
parts and set them up with a stubby carbide boring bar and load your square
boring program and bore them all to a common size.

One too big - braze with Si-bronze to build up prior to boring - no shims to
come flying out at high speed.

The square size on my D1-5 spindle is (IIRC) 10mm and I fear I will break it
off sometimes when removing a chuck after extended heavy use. I plan to make a
1/2" socket drive to 10mm square from some 7/8 W1 drill rod so I can use my
long breaker bar. (for removing only) As I get older I value having enhanced
leverage in a controlled manor such that when a stubborn item does break loose
I won't over travel or let a tool go flying.

Murphy's law for Auto mechanics - A dropped socket will roll under a vehicle to
its exact center unless it fell within the engine compartment, then it will
bounce into some nook which can not be observed from any angle.