"and feed the hob once every revolution of the work. "
That is geared as well it is a continuous function

"For adjusting the twist, I was figuring on accurately placing two
drill bushings that would hold two dowel pins against which I would
place my sine bar, and just use a set of gage blocks to get the angle
right."
a rotary axis,
but this does not have to be as accurate as one first thinks, on my
hobbing machine and the one I used to use it is just lines marked on
the head and vernier lines on the body to clamp up the angle. On the
Mikron you could only estimate to about half a degree iirc.
On the Barber Colman, see the ball handle upper middle to the rear of the head
http://www.collection.archivist.info/archive/DJCPD/PD/2014/2014_09_17_Barber_Colman_cnc/IMG_1830.JPG
That has a vernier marked to allow estimation to 5 minutes.

Dave Caroline