I have a milling machine running Ubuntu 10.04 and I went to upgrade Linuxcnc
from 2.6.8 to 2.6.9 today from the Update Manager and it gives me the message
below and then hangs (hangs Update Manager - not Ubuntu).  I have to launch the
Activity Monitor and force quit it.

The error that pops up says:

"Your Ubuntu release is not supported anymore"
"You will not get any further security fixes or critical updates.  Please
Upgrade to the later version of Ubuntu Linux.”

I was able to update Linuxcnc through Synaptic Package Manager instead of
Update Manager but am wondering if there is an easy way to update Ubuntu itself
and continue on my merry way.  Or will have I have to jump through flaming
hoops to update Ubuntu and the rtai kernel, etc etc.?  I’m not opposed to
updating it if there is something reasonable I should progress to, I just
haven’t been following things lately.  The lathe I have is now running Debian
and a pre-release of 2.7, but I don’t want to go that far with the mill just
yet...

Thanks,
-Tom