I was working on some issues with the lathe today and discovered that what I
thought was a 1:1 relationship between the pulley on my spindle motor and
pulley on the spindle head - is not.  The diameter of the spindle pulley is
4.2125” while the spindle itself is 5.175” (they are probably actually 107mm
and 130mm or thereabouts).  This give a 0.833 ratio and explains why 3500rpm is
actually spinning at about 3000rpm according to my tach.  I am wondering the
best way to let Linuxcnc know that this is the case so that commanding 3000
gives me 3000.

-Tom