Finally got the updates done using synaptic (update manager would not
perform all the updates).
Now I have a latency issue.  The numbers from the latency test are about
30% higher than previously measured on Lucid, but not all that bad (12000ns
on base thread), but i get an RTAPI error on task 1 quite often when
starting Linuxcnc, and if it does start without an error, it gets one
within the first 10 minutes.
This is on a Intel DM510 motherboard that I have been using since late
2011. I have the isolcpus=1 set, and no hyperthreading, as before.
Looking at the system monitor, it looks like all tasks are running on the
first core.  I kinda expected the tasks for LinuxCNC to be running on the
second core.
Is there something I should check, or change?

--J. Ray Mitchell Jr.
jrmitche...@gmail.com
(818)324-7573

The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The
occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion.
As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall
ourselves, and then we shall save our country.*Abraham Lincoln
<http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Abraham_Lincoln/>*, *Annual message
to Congress, December 1, 1862*
*16th president of US (1809 - 1865)*