Second try on this one also:

You can make your own NAS.

A lot of third party hardware now support freenas.
http://www.freenas.org/

Here is a summary of available packages.
http://www.mondaiji.com/blog/other/it/10210-the-hunt-for-the-ultimate-free-open-source-nas-distro

Assembling a raid NAS is on my todo list.   I want to put all of my
backups on it and then rotate drives in and out of a remotely located
safe deposit box
for "just in case the place burns down" type insurance.

Dave

On 11/4/2015 9:02 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> Just looking up raid NAS and it looks like there are several levels of
> raid and NAS is a Network Attached Storage. Is there something special
> about NAS or can you do that with any hard drive?
>
> JT
>
> On 11/4/2015 7:35 AM, Jim Craig wrote:
>> I have a raid NAS that I send all of my gcode to. Then I open it
>> directly from the NAS into LinuxCNC. Then I don't have to worry about
>> what machine has the latest code etc. The latest is always on the NAS.
>> And it it is backed up.

---