Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Tool changer finally working on our mill project
From: "John Dammeyer" <jo...@autoartisans.com>
Date: Tue, November 10, 2015 9:33 pm
To: "'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

I guess that depends on how fast it rotates and how the tool is gripped.  It
also depends on whether the rotation is a DC motor with end stop switches or
a servo with position reporting.  No point in moving and decelerating to a
stop, telling the unit to extend and then accelerating back up to the
rotation speed.
If it is DC motor based a switch half way around would serve as the
extend/retract begin indication.
On the way to the spindle the switch triggers the extend.  On the way from
the spindle the switch triggers the retract.
Only when ready to store the tool does it extend again as it does now.
John