On Sunday 06 December 2015 08:02:17 andy pugh wrote:

> On 6 December 2015 at 11:53, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > So what am I doing wrong?  I can't even program a
> > G3 X-0.1375 Y0.1375 I-0.1375 J-0.0000 at the 3" upper end of a Y
> > run, to make a left hand 90 degree turn. The reported error is
> > 95.0495%
>
> When I find myself in this sort of pickle, I say to my self "Stuff it,
> they can deprecate R-format arcs as much as they like, at least they
> work" and use R-format.

How can I convert what I just posted to John T. to R format?  None of
these moves approach the 180 or 360 points where R looses accuracy. 2
45's that should meet in the middle to form an S curve, and a 90.

?
And maybe I found it, Johns arc tool appears to spit out good data if its
in G91 mode. But that also means I have to comment out the g2/3 move
target point moves.  That actually simplify's the code by several lines,
but is made up by the G91/G2/G3/G90 wrappers.  No biggie as I can adjust
it for size and intend to, by carving much cheaper wood for test pieces
than $150 a board foot ebony.  Probably the best bet is to just run the
whole sub in G91 mode, and specify each straight runs length as opposed
to its target ending point.  If I have to do major work to adjust it to
fit, I'll probably do just that with some math in the preamble.

Thanks Andy, I think I have it whupped.

Thanks Andy.