On 4 January 2016 at 15:32, Shawn Gano <sh...@gano.name> wrote:

> I would like to have an LED widget or some sort of status indicator if G43
> (tool length compensation) is active or not.   I can't seem to find a HAL pin
> or way to get a boolean value if a particular gcode is active or not to
> connect to an LED.  Is this possible?

Anything is possible, but some things take a lot of effort, and this
might be one of them.

The Axis interface already displays active G-codes in the MDI window.

As you have noticed, there is no HAL pin for G43 state, so you would
have to make a HAL component to create on. This is possible but needs
coding.

A better starting point might be GladeVCP. GladeVCP allows you to
embed code in the widgets, and maybe create your own. I suspect that
that would be a better starting point.
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/gladevcp.html

--
atp