it looks like a path problem Gene,
it's trying to find the path to features.ui

if it runs from the command line , then check the path in your ini
( dont worry i had the same problem )

where have you placed linuxcnc-features ?
did you run the setup

On 4 January 2016 at 19:23, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I have, I believe, after going over in "wiring up" procedure in the
> README.md file, done everything it seems to call for.  But linuxcnc
> falls over while initializing.
>
> Heres a paste from the cli:
> gene@coyote:~/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis$ linuxcnc -l
> LINUXCNC - 2.7.3
> Machine configuration directory is '/home/gene/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis'
> Machine configuration file is 'axis.ini'
> Starting LinuxCNC...
> Found file(REL): ./core_sim.hal
> Note: Using POSIX non-realtime
> Found file(REL): ./sim_spindle_encoder.hal
> Found file(REL): ./axis_manualtoolchange.hal
> Found file(REL): ./simulated_home.hal
> Found file(REL): ./check_constraints.hal
> task: main loop took 0.011922 seconds
> task: main loop took 0.012521 seconds
>
> (gladevcp:14154): libglade-WARNING **: could not find glade
> file 'features.ui'
> **** GLADE VCP ERROR:    With xml file: features.ui : could not create
> GladeXML object
> <commandline>:0: gladevcp exited without becoming ready
> Embeded tab command "halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x
> 77594776 -U --catalog=mill features.ui" exited with error: 1
> Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
> task: 1377 cycles, min=0.000018, max=0.012521, avg=0.001059, 2 latency
> excursions (> 10x expected cycle time of 0.001000s)
> Note: Using POSIX non-realtime
> LinuxCNC terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the
> log:
>     /home/gene/linuxcnc_debug.txt
> and
>     /home/gene/linuxcnc_print.txt
> as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal
>
> >From that, can anyone tell me where I might have a typu?  I have gone
> back a second time, finding 2 spelling errors the 2nd time.  But not a
> third time.  Partial problem is that the README.md file appears to be
> stripped from an html encoded file as some surviving evidence of html in
> it.
>
> Does Nick have a web page where I might be able to read it first hand?
> Never mind, I'll google.
>
> It does appear to run ok if ./features.py --catalog=mill is exec'd.  So
> the error is someplace in my "wiring" :)
>
> Thanks everybody.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised
use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly
forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses
prior to leaving the RcTechnix network. RcTechnix will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

RcTechnix reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages being
sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or
detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring effective
operation.

(c) RcTechnix