On 02/16/2016 12:57 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I am using some micro-mini roller lever junk I got for 6 bucks a bag of
> 10 from ebay.  Repeatability according to my dials is well within .001"
> even with crap switches.  Its a "dry' circuit, so as long as the
> contacts are clean, there's very little other wear.  MMMV after a long
> time, but its not beem noticable in 6 months now.

That is interesting. That would be better than 0.0254mm, which is in the
order of the machine step-size.

I'd seen some reports on the net of repeatability in the order of
0.005mm (~0.0002"), but the problem is that "hard" data is not
available. It is difficult to decide on anecdotal evidence.

However, it seems that you have the same experience and the cheap
micro-switches are really good after all (that is, of course, a relative
statement of really good).

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)