... because this will be different from all other kinds of cables.
Imagine large facilities, dozens of buildings, with thousands of devices
being controlled by a central control room, wired by random cable
colours. These are being mixed with current supply, LAN, telephone and
all other cables together on a cable way... I was one of these customers
who urged the companies and the DIN authorities to use easily
identifiable cables for building control.

Peter Blodow

Am 01.04.2016 21:07, schrieb Dave Cole:
> Profibus is basically an RS485 network as well. I have no idea why
> they used a purple jacket color. Dave

---