More questions. So are you still using the o<touchoff> subroutine to
probe the material before each cut?

If so I will go back to my original questions what are some good typical
starting values for pierce height, pierce delay, and cut height?

Is the thc-pid comp significantly better than the thc comp?

What do you use to enable and disable the thc? Do you use a gcode to set
the enable pin? I don't see anywhere in the sample HAL file where you
have anything connected to the thc-pid.enable pin.

Thanks,

Jim