On 25 April 2016 at 11:29, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> For me, since its function can be done by LCNC, it is nothing but a
> spacer 1.6" tall to hold the QC post. So I have considered replacing it
> with a round block of metal nominally 3" in diameter so it would sit
> solidly on the cross slider, be 1.6" thick so it would hold the QC post
> at a usable height.

On the Cheap Chinese Lathe I used a random block of cast iron that my
dad had lying around (I think it was actually originally a compound
slide slider).
https://picasaweb.google.com/108164504656404380542/CNCUnsorted#5858692186241200882

On the Holbrook Minor I made a special casting:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108164504656404380542/Holbrook#6237477947128358578

--
atp
lunatics."