So as per previous thread, I may be moving this to another PC.  And
probably change to an SSHD.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting the OS and LinuxCNC RT
installed and configured.  And I didn't do all of it myself so it's not
a straight shot to repeat.  I'm just saying if I start from scratch
again, this will not be a quick operation.

How reliable is it to just copy the entire installation to a new drive
on a new (different) machine?

On Windows, I've just moved my old drive to a new machine a number of
times.  But I was foiled when I replaced my AMD-based motherboard with
an Intel-based MB, no boot.   My LinuxCNC machine is currently on an
Intel Core Duo, and I might change to an AMD-based machine. Will it even
be able to boot?  Will it be easy to adapt to an AMD without a full
reinstall?  What's it take to adapt it?

I was told there's a convenient tool or method for creating an image of
the whole installation (OS and LinuxCNC) and packing it up.  Is that
true?  'Cause I sure wish one of those had been on Bittorrent, that
would have saved my a crazy amount of time.  If it can be done maybe
I'll do it and put it out there for others.

Danny