On Tuesday 24 May 2016 22:05:33 Todd Zuercher wrote:

> Dust collection for us isn't an issue.  We have a very larg central
> system (100Hp fan).  It has enough suck at the machine to easily suck
> up 6" square pieces of 3/4" mdf right off the table if they aren't
> sucked down.  The machines are equipped with an air jet to assist chip
> removal.

That sounds much better than just the straight vacuum from the collector
that I could see in the video.

> The vacuum hold down is drawn down to about 20inHg most of the time
> plenty of hold down.
>
> We really don't have much trouble with tool breakage most of the time.
>  Unless a collet is worn out or something stupid happens.

Good,  Then the problem is in removing the "stupid" factor when something
goes aglay.

Forces of habit by operators are the hardest to remove, so I would sit
back and think about seeing how the operator might be removed from the
chain of command while the gcode is asking for the correct assistance.
Some sort of a eula-like ok button to be pressed indicating that the
operator has read the message.  Stealing focus would disable the machine
controls while he/she is reading the message.  That I think could remove
75% of the "stupid" from the equation.

This may call for a new (blk-msg,string) that instead of the right edge
scrolling overlay, actually opens a message box with the message and an
OK button, stealing focus until the OK its clicked on, to be invented.

I know, folks in hell are wanting ice water, but it does sound like a
worthwhile feature from here, but with the provisio that if the error
has not stopped the machine, stop it anyway as the msg box is opening.