On Wednesday 13 July 2016 13:26:14 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 07/12/2016 04:31 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So the question is: Who is likely to be able to supply this stuff
> > 0.010" thick by 0.400 wide?  Brass or SS would be a never mind.
>
> I think McMaster-Carr and MSC stock kits of brass shim stock
> with about 15 thicknesses (.010" definitely in the set) in
> brass, and I think the sheets are 6 x 12".  I also buy 100'
> rolls of .003" shim stock in 12" widths, that is a special
> order item.  I think I get these from MSC.  But, the 6" x
> 100' roll is stock.
> You just cut it with tin snips.
>
> Jon

I saw those in my searches last night, but figured I'd get advice from
more experienced people first.

My snips, or sharp scissors always seem to curl it up some. Hows the best
way to flatten it out so it just lays there? This SS stuff can lay flat
enough to seal to a sheet of glass.  Looks like the long edges might
have been die cut, in 6" of it, maybe .001" variation in the width
at .401" on my dial or digital calipers.