When you think about it the chip is  cheap. Consider instead how much
time/$$$ you are going
to have to invest in software to configure that many gates. Scary to
even think about.
It is little wonder that NSA, etc may be the only ones using that chip.

Jon- a whole board covered with those chips would have impressive
computing power. :-)
And indeed a knee quivering price. Serious case of sewing machine knee.

dave