It looks a lot like a Renshaw spindle probe. As I was looking at the pictures I
noticed that in one of them I saw something that would concern me. It looks
like there is some greenish looking stuff around the shaft that the stylist
threads into making me think that the batteries had been left in it way to long
and they leaked. Also they use very expensive batteries. The one I used to use
on a VF11 Haas mill had to be shut off and on with a macro. The batteries were
$10.00 each, it took two and if I was very careful and shut it off after using
they would last a couple of months. I wish you the best of luck with it!