I am trying to put this in to watch the VFD modbus driver's "watchdog" pin, and
tie a pyvcp LED showing VFD is good, as per:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/watchdog.9.html

I used:

loadrt watchdog num_inputs=1
addf watchdog servo-thread

I have 2 issues:

One, it generates the following error:

HAL: ERROR: function 'watchdog' not found
custom_postgui.hal:42: addf failed

My first thought was "well, I didn't include which watchdog it was, it needs to
be watchdog.0".  But that just gets "function 'watchdog.0' not found".  And the
line "setp watchdog.timeout-0 1.0" DOES pass,  as does "net vfdReadyLed
watchdog.ok-out => pyvcp.vfd-ready-led".

Second, I'm confused.  The man pages only offers "num_inputs" as an option, and
that only creates more fan-in, not multiple components.  There's no "count" or
"names" parameter, and I tried, HAL just errors "unknown parameter" when it
loads.

So can there only be one "watchdog" component, ever?  That doesn't seem right
at all, that's not how HAL components work.  But how would you include more,
and refer to different ones?  How does "addf" work?

Danny