On Tuesday 04 October 2016 09:57:38 Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:

> > Thank you Leonardo.
> >
> > 92 I'm not too sure about, my back is going away, pinched sciatic
> > nerve, may put me in a wheelchair at some point.  The real killer
> > would be not being able to do what I can do now.  Or too many
> > decades of trying to keep the glucose at a reasonable level, I've
> > been a DM-II for 40 years now. That means my feet hurt :( , but I've
> > still got them. ;-)
>
> Well, by now you're doing a lot more than most people of my age so
> that's a thing to admire! Sadly we all have to age.

Unfortunately it comes from the death and taxes statement.  Everything
else is optional. I've had the great good fortune to love what I did for
a living, starting out at about 14 when I quit school to go fix tv's for
a living, but that was a very wide field, so when the opportunity
presented itself to sit for a 1st phone license, I did, a went to work a
year or so later at a local tv station, in '63, hich narrowed the range
of gear I had to keep up on, then in 70 to a uhf slave transmitter for
the Nebraska ETV Commission where I learned about high power klystron
amplifiers, then to a tv station in New Mexico as its Chief Engineer
in '77 but my salary was more than they could afford, so off to
kalipornia in '79, 2 years as the A.C.E., then 2 at a radio station in
Susanville, went back to southern Minn. for a couple months, then a God
Squad tv in Ashland KY for 2 years and in '84 became the Chief at WDTV
in Weston WV but studios in Clarksburg.  Retired in 2002 when I wasn't
capable of giving them the hours they deserved anymore.  The job got
done in any event.  But I then did consultant work for the owner until I
wasn't (my back again) able to do that in comfort anymore. Now I can
work at my own pace, with nobody but the perfectionist in the mirror to
please and (obviously) be noisy on this list about doing it.

This tool post base to replace the wrecked compound on this Sheldon for
instance, is currently with only 2 wrench pockets carved into the sides,
sitting on the crossfeed, bolted down by the 2 OEM armstrong bolts.
Which lead to a discovery, the OEM bolts are about .001" oversized. I
had measured the separation between them, and drilled the holes for 4
such bolts with a quality TiN plated 3/8" drill.  The resultant holes
actually measured around .3746".  When I tried to set it over those
bolts, I had to use a dead blow hammer to drive it onto the bolts. That
did not damage the bolts as I was able to turn the nuts a couple turns
to start them. But I went to Home Depot yesterday to find some 3/8-24
nuts, but was only able to source them in grade 5, and where the Sheldon
OEM nut was 11/16" across the flats, the grade 5 is only 9/16, so when I
get the other 3 of those armstrong bolts made from a length of 3/4" key
stock I'll switch wrenches. With the pockets carved .4100" x2 +.250 tool
wide, the wrench shank has room enough to swing, a lot further than the
Sheldon supplied OE wrench for that could do, and results in a
considerably more rigid block of metal than the "wings" created by
Sheldon's attempt to make wrench room in the bottom of their compound.

I should post a pix I suppose, but the better half says I should change
clothes & shave my nose and go out to Kathy's to eat.  So I'd better
git-r-done. ;-)

Thanks Leonardo.  Someday you should tell us how old you are...