http://www.machinekit.io/

Anybody familiar with this?  Got a friend who wants to put it on a BeagleBone
Black.  LinuxCNC run onboard a Cortex A8 directly and the HDMI monitor,
keyboard, mouse etc plug straight into that, not just acting as a motion
controller from a remote PC.

Notable benefit would seem to be that the IO is very low-latency without a
motion controller card, and the architecture is 100% consistent, as opposed the
latency lottery that is picking a PC and its MB chipset and seeing how it
works.

BBB does have 2x 46 pin IO headers.  I'm not sure if all pins can be assigned
arbitrary HW functions, but it sounds like plenty anyhow.

He asked me about it and all I can do so far is say "hmm".  The Machinekit
website is pretty sparse.

Danny