_______________________________
From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
To: Greg Bentzinger <skullwo...@yahoo.com>; Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
<emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Wiring up a 7i77

On 22 November 2016 at 22:54, Greg Bentzinger <skullwo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The technical details in the manual are very sparse and from what I can
> gather the speed input is not tolerant of negative voltage. Direction appears
> to be controlled solely by a FWD or REV inputs.

That is how I read it too. I suggest initially making sure that you
use the motion.spindle-speed-out-abs pin to drive analog-output 5. The
reason to use output 5 is that that has an independent enable output
controled by the 7i77.0.1.spinena HAL pin (numbers 0 to 4 all switch
together on 7i77.0.1.analogena). You can use that enable to turn the
spindle on and off. Do you need spindle reverse?
Setting parameter F03 to 1 sets the inverter up such that input 3  is
On/Off and the input 4 is FWD/REV. This is the the way you probably
want to wire it.

7i77 pin 21 ENA5-  ->  Inverter 3 (FWD)
7i77 pin 22 ENA5+ ->  Inverter 6 (+12V)
7i77 pin 23 GND   ->   Inverter 10 ( 0V)
7i77 pin 24 AOUT5 -> Inverter 9 (MVI)

In HAL (assuming 5000 rpm spindle)
net spindle-cmd motion.spindle-cmd-out-abs =>  hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout5
net spindle-on motion.spindle-on => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.spinena
setp hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.spinout-maxlim 5000
setp hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.spinout-minlim 0
setp hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.spinout-scalemax 5000

That should be enough to give you spindle control in the fwd direction
at least.

> The CMC/Randtronics Servomate amps have a voltage output (not sure if its
> -10V -0V- +10V or just 0-10V) to indicate actual servo load, can the analog
> voltage sensing inputs read this such that I could use the feedback for a
> GladeVCP loadmeter panel?

Yes, that should be possible. The inputs are 33.6V @ 8 bits, so 0.12V
absolute resolution.

--
atp
lunatics."

Andy - Well that is a start.

Being a BridgePort type clone you need FWD and REV because what is considered
FWD depends on if you are in High Gear (500-4000) or Back gear (low) 60-499
RPM. However since I have had a stack of castings sitting in wait for 6 weeks I
would gladly settle for just being able to get FWD and REV online and lie in
the Gcode with a M4 for FWD in low.

The motor runs as on|off and all speed adjustments are done via pulley
adjustments. I do not want to use the VFD to control speed as it is an Economy
model not well suited to such a task (word directly from a TECO engineer I met
at a trade show)

More later - I just was paged for a service call.

Greg