The first place to start is the documentation

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/

I also have some info on my web site

http://gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/index.html

I would stay away from sources that are not specific to LinuxCNC as it
is ever evolving and the only current information is in the
documentation. The LinuxCNC wiki has a ton of information but be careful
some is dated as all of it is user maintained. The LinuxCNC forum is
very active and full of good information as well as this mailing list.

For general machining info the practical machinist forum is good.

JT