On 01/14/2017 11:00 AM, Cecil Thomas wrote:

> My noise source is the G320's PWM generator which switches at 20 khz.
>
> I'm still not sure how such a horrible noise signal gets from the 48
> volt motor armature switching circuit in the G320 to the input of the
> 7i78
Yes, the Gecko drives have no filtering on their outputs,
and any unfiltered FET half bridge switch is going to
radiate a LOT of RF, due to the fast switching edges.  All
my servo amps have LC filters on the output to try to hold
the noise inside the amp.

The Gecko drives do have optoisolated step and dir inputs,
but the enable is NOT isolated.  Also, on the G320 series,
the encoder inputs and encoder power pins are not isolated.
So, any common connection to these will bring noise into
other systems by direct connection.  You could use a relay
to isolate the enable connection on the G320s or other Gecko
drives.  Then, you would not have a galvanic path to the
rest of the system, but wire arrangement could still couple
lots of signal.

Jon