We found out in Wichita that the Pico drives can't handle a high enough
voltage for these servos. So that is why the decision to get the the AMC
BE25A20 drives when some became available. The 'E' in the part number is
because they will accept encoder input for running in velocity mode, so
in this case we can use that instead of a tach.

More generally though, I still haven't found the reason that AMC has
always recommended to use current mode when using their amps for CNC
control. Judging from the responses so far, it seems to contradict what
most are saying in respect to having an inner velocity loop makes things
much easier to tune.

????