<head>
        <title></title>
</head>
#000000;">Hi, I &nbsp;have a 1988 First CNC mill that I am considering
retrofitting to accept LinuxCNC. &nbsp;The motors are Fanuc red cap with 10000
ppr. &nbsp; How long will these encoders last? &nbsp;They are all ready 29
years old. &nbsp;I have other machines with dying encoders and linear scales
and it usually starts with the marker pulse. &nbsp;I just wonder if money is
better spent on new normal encoders rather conversion systems to work with the
old Fanuc stuff. &nbsp;That being said, sometimes the newer stuff is less
durable than the old components.<br>
Thanks - Steve V
<footer class="signatureContainer">&nbsp;</footer>