Switch on is not a problem for me since the MP7 has an inbuilt centrifugal
power switch according to the docs -- spin the probe at 500 rpm for a few
seconds to turn on and then spin it again to turn off. I would appreciate
any information on your homebrew OMM that you're willing to share. Please
keep us informed of any web details.