I am making a 4th-axis out of an FHA Harmonic drive. This is an
integrated system of harmonic drive, crossed-roller bearing and servo
motor.

Specs here. I am working with the 25-sized part:
http://www.harmonicdrive.net/products/rotary-actuators/hollow-shaft-actuators/fha-c
(Note that the -C variant is much harder to interface than the -B
variant to LinuxCNC-supported hardware)

I have just handed over the pattern to the foundry for a right-angle housing.
http://a360.co/2oQX7Ct
is the 3D model of the pattern. The inner bore will need to be
machined to suit the harmonic drive.

I have just checked, and the casting can just about be used with the
FHA-17 sized actuators (the mounting flange cleans-up to give a land
around the mounting screws, but with a rather generous chamfer) and
you _could_ use it with the FHA-32 size if you were prepared to
break-through the top semicircle and dress back what is left.

I don't yet know how much each casting will cost, but I would guess
approximately £75. I should have an estimate later in the week.
So far I have 3 spoken-for. One for me and one each for two other folk.
Does anyone else want one, bearing in mind that they are likely to be
13kg and postage to (for example) the US would be £50 and Germany £11.

--
atp
lunatics."