Greetings all;

I found my logic mistake, a # in the wrong place.  Then I finished
hooking it up to motion for actual movements.

I can now enable the jog dial, touch off that axis, punch the button to
bring it to life, and twist the dial back and forth better than half a
turn for at least 30 seconds, bringing the dial back to the zero mark at
the end, look up and the video DRO is again sitting on 0.0000, for
either axis.  4 seconds after the dial stops, it is disabled until a new
cycle is started by pressing the button again.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper!

Anybody else interested?  I'll copy that config to my web page, but
haven't yet.  Yelp if you need it. It _still_ doesn't have any home
switches hooked up.  I promise thats next. :)

But I went back out to do that, reached into a storage drawer that had a
teeny pill bottle in it, with the x home switch and a mount bracket for
it in it, only to find that about a thousand small resistors in a heavy
duty sandwich bag, and a much bigger bag of 6800 uf, 65 volt capacitors
was gone.  And never found the pill bottle either.  And there is no one
in this neighborhood who would have the foggiest idea what either bags
contents were actually for.  Still scratching my head on this.  If they
came in and grabbed them out of that drawer, they knew exactly what they
wanted, and walked right on by quite a pile of far more expensive stuff.
And that makes no sense at all.

Must be time I round up the key for the back door, and put one of those
we don't call 911 signs on it. And an x10 motion detector.  Heyu is
running and logging everything, but theres nothing in the garage to send
to the logs.  Gotta fix that. 28 years here, and only one electric drill
has gone missing.