Greetings Andy;

Because the output will drive pyvcp led indicators that don't exist until
the gui is drawn, I've put your auto gearchange hal file in the
postgui_call_list.hal file where it is executed after the gui is
available.  However I had to comment several loadrt's and addf's, and
change to names= as opposed to count=styles so it would at least load
and let lcnc run. I've also moved it to the jog-thread at 100 hertz as I
don't see a need for kilohertz responses.

Can you define what signals I need to "net" to get this hooked up? I may
have the equ's available but under a different netname.

But one step at a time, I don't readily see in this hal snippet, where
the pyvcp leds are to be fed from?  Do you have a separate halfile for
that?

Thank you Andy.

I thought I'd check for updates just now, and it updated 15 packages
including the kernel. And the pi's sd card is bricked. On a cold boot it
flashes the green sd access led 3 or 4 times in about a second, but
thats it.  All that work for nothing. Or maybe not. I have a full level
0 backup from last night.  More news later I hope.  First is mark last
nights backup as non-reusable so I'll have it when I need it.