Hello Gentlemen,
I just got a message, seemingly from sourceforge (sourceforge at slashdotmedia.com), litterally mentioning emc-users as my mailing list, with the urgent wish to confirm my subscription with sourceforge, otherwise it would be cancelled by June 29th. The link given looks somehow fishy (starting with sourceforge.net, followed by lots of numbers and special characters) and contains my email address at the end.

I can't remember having a subscription with sourceforge, or do I need one in order to participate in this list? I'd rather strongly suppose this is some sort of spoof to make me contact that link, maybe to confirm the existence of my email address or make me pick up a virus. Has anybody else received such a message?

Greetings
Peter Blodow

---