On 08/09/2017 04:31 PM, Dan Bloomquist wrote:
jeremy youngs wrote:
My ignorance may land my foot in my mouth , but if it has absolute glass scales and they are being read why is there a need to home?

Hi Jeremy,
The glass is relative, not absolute. Yea, it would be a whole different world with absolute encoding.....
Best, Dan.
Some linear scales DO have an index output. Some only trigger this in one spot, others have it pulse every couple inches or whatever. So, you might check and see if it has this feature.

Jon