You probably made changes to the files, so git pull realizes that it'd
overwrite your changes and refuses to run. If you don't care about your
changes, just abandon them
git reset --hard origin/master
git pull origin master
If you do care about your changes, you have to stash them away: perhaps
create a branch and merge it back when you update from remote master.