I have a simple .ngc file I run to run the dust shoe across the entire table.  I'd like to add a UI button to run this.

But there are other users of this machine.  I would like to avoid just loading the file and having to run it manually.  However, pressing a "Clean Table Now" button with no further prompting (regardless of whether it auto-runs or not) is kinda dangerous. i.e. "I didn't realize I had to remove the bit before starting it" is predictably gonna come up over and over.

I imagine after pressing "Clean Table Now" UI button, you'd get a popup "Ensure bit is removed, dust shoe is attached without the spacer, and press (some key) to run or (another key) to abort". And ideally return to the original file without reloading (like the tool probe routine).

I know error messages keep popping up in small red text in the lower right hand corner, and remain until scrolled by other messages.  I don't think that's adequate, honestly.   It's a poor way to represent error messages and worse for trying to be interactive.

What's the best way to do that?

Danny