Hi

I have been having a hard time getting a system setup to run uspace in order to use the mesa 7i76. I installed a fresh Debian 9 on a machine. Then I installed the RT kernel as suggested here (http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/getting-started/getting-linuxcnc.html) This seemed to work fine but the PC was old and could not handle the latency. Someone suggested that I use the latest live CD image from here (http://www.linuxcnc.org/testing-stretch-rtpreempt/linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-amd64-r9.iso) This I did only to discover that they used an old version of Gmoccapy on this distribution which naturally will fail as it does not include the fixes that the author done on later versions.

I have spent forty hours already on a job that I quoted 10 hours on and still I dont have a working system. I beginning to feel that the sanity of linuxcnc is slowly slipping away to be left with something that only guru developers will be able to use and setup in the future.

What is the the best way to get a uspace system installed in order for me to use the mesa 7i76e products on? Please share some of your experiences and methods with the lowly populous.

Regards / Groete

Marius D. Liebenberg
+27 82 698 3251
+27 12 743 6064