On Wed, Mar 21, 2018, at 6:45 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I have a Rikon 10-325 bandsaw. Trying to cut a block of alu with a blade
> thats had one side of it dulled, the blade turned and bound in the cut,
> and burned the drive belt, a 240J into the motor pulley. Rather
> thoroughly welding the kevlar backing into the pulley.
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for some panther piss that will clean it out,
> or am I stuck buying another pulley from Rikon's parts dept?

What is the pulley made of?  Steel?  Aluminum?  Plastic?

It's the motor pulley.  That means you can spin it up by simply plugging in the
motor.
I'd try to turn the stuff out of the grooves using a "lathe tool" made of
something softer than the pulley.
Hand-held, probably with an improvised tool rest, like on a wood lathe
--
  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm