I tried sending this message yesterday and again today but apparently it didn’t
go through. So I am trying again. I am trying to send two schematics (.png)
files to help clarify my question.

I am re-wiring my lathe controller box using a 5i25 & 7i76 pair from Mesanet. I
am using a Potter-Brumfield K10P-11DT5-25 DPDT relay to reverse the PMDC
spindle motor. The relay data sheet says max 900mw power consumption for the
coil. So can I use the Spindle_dir switch to directly control the relay or do I
need to use a transistor to drive the relay from the Field_IO+ 24V supply.

On the schematic I show connecting the Spindle-, SpindleOut, and Spindle+ to a
potentiometer but that is just to show that it is actually replacing a
potentiometer connected to the Cycletrol 150 controller.