On Saturday 26 May 2018 23:26:14 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 05/26/2018 10:21 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 May 2018 19:35:20 Ken Strauss wrote:
> >> I haven't found a North American supplier but shipping by ArcEuro
> >> only takes a few days. I recently got an ER40 square/hex pair from
> >> them. At current exchange rates 1 UKP is about us$1.14. Note, VAT
> >> does not apply to shipments to outside the EU so assume 1 pound = 1
> >> dollar.
> >
> > And this is upsetting me, my bank declined the off shore charge.
> > They've been known to use more stringent anti-fraud measures outside
> > of normal business hours or on a long holiday before. So I sit and
> > simmer till Tuesday I guess. They don't get it that I'm retired &
> > have been since the middle of 2002. I don't often wear a watch, or
> > pay attention to what day of the week it is.
>
> They may have a 24-hour fraud line that you can contact to
> OK the charge.
>
> Jon

They sent me an email already, scored 9.9 by spamassassin, most from
poor, non-rfc compliant tramsmission errors. I called the number
supplied and went thru a complex thing to verify it was me, and to
confirm that the charge would be accepted the next time it was
presented.

We'll see, but its about the witching hour here. I feel a nap coming
on...

Thanks Jon.