Betreff:        Re: [Emc-users] tap makers vs bolt makers
Datum:  Thu, 28 Jun 2018 00:06:52 +0200
Von:    Peter Blodow <p.blo...@dreki.de>
An:     Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>

Gene,
there are DIN threads that are printed in bold type in the DIN list, the
rest is not recommended fur use. Such include M2.3, M3.5, M4.5, M7, M9,
M11, M14 etc. Except for M3.5 which is widely used by electricians for
cable fasteners in plugs etc., they are not used by industry and
therefore the corresponding taps and thread cutters are not included in
standard sets. The French use M7 in car applications but they are widely
known for their queerness ;-)
The reason is that for those unusual sizes there are partially no
strength recommendations.
Peter