On Sunday 11 November 2018 20:04:17 jrmitchellj wrote:

> yeah, It was a bit of a pain to set up.  It's been a very long time
> since I have used it.
> I think that someone built a more capable version of ngcgui, but I
> have not tried it.  There was a pretty big thread in the forum about
> it.  I think it is called nativecam.

Yes, thats Ferns gismo, he had it working for the most part a year ago,
then an update changed a library in python I think, killed it and I had
to take it back out because LinuxCNC would not run at all with it. And
although I'm supposedly subbed to his forum, I've heard nothing of a
fix.  And the forum effectively stops after his announcement that we
should now use the deb.

Supposedly, it is now a deb, but it has never showed up in synaptic and
I've trolled the forum looking for a deb link. I'm  blind or its not
there.

Over on git-hub, his repo hasn't been touched in a year plus.
Do I need to add another another line to  my list of repo's?

Or is the project now dead?

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what became of it?

Here at the coyote.den I thought I  had found a drawing I could write
code from, published by NorComp, but it turns out that not all the data
is on the drawings, some of it will have to be inferred by some trig,
and while I think I've found the answer, I'll need to modify my code
some more to actually use it correctly. If I get it right, changeing a
var at the top of the file will switch it from a db9/15 to a db25/44.
But its too late in the evening to play with that when the temp in the
shop is about 45F.

Thanks J. Ray.