Greetings;

I find I need to issue a blanket thank you to all who have been working
on the Documentation.pdf that was installed along with a fresh build of
master this morning. I don't know what was left out as its still under
740 pages, but all the gui and remap stuff is much more explanatory than
before.  As is ways to do a tool changer and its support code, something
I have only been contemplating the construction of because its going to
require quite a few more i/o pins that just tool & pocket desired. The
tool changer needs to be brought into position once the head has been
raised. For that I've abandoned the wheel of pockets idea in favor of a
chain mounted set of pockets so that the space under the spindle is a
bit more open. I have taken to using an impact screwdriver tool on the
drawbar, and means to rack it up and down must be devised just to engage
it with the drawbar. So theres a signal pin. then 2 more to turn it on
in the desired direction.  Then a solenoid needs to be designed to lock
the quill while the tool is being dropped and the new one brought into
position and picked up. And that will need a 10 rev command to find the
spindle lock, and some sort of feedback to say lock has been found. Then
it gets hairy... A 5i25 simply doesn't have enough pins. So $200 in a
7i90HD and 7i42TA's is next, or some other means of expanding the 5i25
for stuff thats not exactly real time bound. I've bought a 1x4 foot
sheet of 1/2 alu for raw  material that will be whats left after I make
yet another apron for the Sheldon, allowing me to move the Z nut an inch
to the right, I'm crushing the Z screws bellows cover enough to jack the
carriage out of square when working right at the spindle nose.

So a tip of the old hat to all the contributers to this new set of docs.
It should/might/ought to help reduce my often stupid questions.

Thanks a bunch.