On Sunday 02 December 2018 16:18:13 andy pugh wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 at 21:03, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> wrote:
>
> For outputs, the dmesg and the halscope selector both appear to be
>
> > correct, I just fired up lcnc and ran the halscope, no signals from
> > the machine are connected to anything as I am waiting on some 5 pin
> > connectors, and the 8 stepgen sigs, step(4) & dir(4) signals are
> > indeed on 5i25 gpio.000 thru gpio.007,
>
> Just ignore the 5i25 GPIO pins!
>
> The 7i76 manual tells you where the stepgen terminals are on the
> headers.

And that is working just fine!

> You simply don't need to know what is happening inside that DB25
> cable.

In this particular case, I've hit a wall Andy, First dmesg is the only
tool in the box that connects a gpio to a bob pin. I don't have any
control over where it puts a pwmgen when I config it for one, required
because thats how I control 2 of Jon's Pico PWM-Servo's which I am using
for spindle control of 2 PMDC spindle motors. Set for output_type=1, it
shows in 025-026-027 as speed in pwm, not-enable, and dir in that same
order. But dir is not getting to 5i25.gpio.027. A show stopper.

The other spindle controls in the 7i76, don't show up anyplace in the hal
meter menu's or in show-pin's. Don't have a vfd, so I don't need the D-A
convertors in the 7i76, just these 3 below, And this IS a show stopper
as the 7i76 has no pwmgen capability.

>From show pins:
  5i25 P2-5, works
  bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.025.in     PWMGEN.0.pdm out
  bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.025.in_not

  5i25 P2-6, works
  bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.026.in     PWMGEN not-enable
  bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.026.in_not

  5i25 P2-7, no signal here except in the halui stanza, direction shows
there in a halmeter.
  bit   OUT         FALSE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.027.in     PWMGEN dir output
  bit   OUT          TRUE  hm2_5i25.0.gpio.027.in_not IF output_type=1,

which it is, but its not getting to that gpio or any other one either.

why?? 5i25 Firmware bug? Its 5i25_7i76_7i78 firmware in it, and verified.

--
Cheers, Andy, Gene Heskett