On 01/11/2019 11:20 PM, Roland Jollivet wrote:
I have an old KTF-30 King Tun Fu drill-mill that I use a lot. But on this
machine, X0Y0 is at top right, as in rotating your graph paper 180deg on
the table.

Since machines and especially CNC machines don't care about orientation of
axes, why isn't this axis orientation more common? Or is it?
Well, I usually have a vise set up like that, the fixed jaw is in the +Y direction. So, for those parts, all Y coordinates are in negative numbers. Doesn't bother me or the software a bit. But, my X is positive to the right. So a typical coordinate might be X+3 Y-2.

Jon