Why use the  7i73 if it lacks the I/O pins you need?  or if you like it,
use two of them.  A touch screen might be the best solution for a main
control panel.

Do you have all the logic worked out for how the buttons will work and the
function of each one?   I would be good to see it.

What I really want and this is whyIve not done it, is a good conversational
control system.  One that will do common tasks with no need to use CAM ir
write code.   I should be able to mill a flat surface or drill a few holes
with just a few taps of the finger.    It needs to be simple and easy for
an operatorto figure out.  My plan was that the pendent controller actually
generates g-code then the machine itself only has to do what it already is
good at.   The conversational logic would live inside the hand held
pendant.     But it is not clear how the controls should operate

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California