On Wednesday 13 February 2019 00:25:04 jrmitchellj wrote:

> Yes, and Yes.
> The units Andy sited  on EBay look like a similar design to what I
> have.
>
> The key is to keep the bottle a bit lower than the exit plane of the
> nozzle, so that when the air is shut off, the coolant drains back, not
> continuing to syphon (dribble) out the nozzle.
>
> --J. Ray Mitchell Jr.
> jrmitche...@gmail.com
> (818)324-7573

That means the pop bottle has to be sitting on the table, below the
machines deck. And that a short fat container would feed more
consistently than a tall skinny pop bottle because the lift needed would
be less of a change as its used up and the level in the container drops.

Ok. But laying in bed, thinking my coding style may be part of the
problem in generating an excess of heating. I'm drilling holes by
ramping down to the target depth, which is into the spoil board by
passing the final depth to a G3 along with a P number so it goes about 8
to 10 thou deeper per turn of the g3.

I'm seeing in my mind, a huge heat load because the bottom of the mill is
actually cutting a sub .00001 shaving" as the mill turns.  Its a 3 flute
mill. You could probably read the funny's thru that chip, which isn't
carrying away any heat considering that mill's bottom edges can be seen
to be chipped under a scope.

Would I reduce this heat load by making that a loop, and stepping down 10
thou at the origin point of the circular path, then cutting a 10 thou
chip in the next trip around the circle? That stop & drop might leave a
mark, but it would be hidden when the connector fills the hole.

What I'm seeing in my mind says that alone could get the job done and at
considerably less generated heat simply because the chip is bigger
instead of floating away on the passing air currents

What say the experts?

As much of this 400+ LOC is in subs,(and comments) the place to edit is
in the sub, so it would be a relatively easy fix. Cutting the dsub would
also need fixed as I am currently ramping down in the first quadrants
cut, but just marching along for the other 3 runs to cut the d-shape. A
single plunge cut replacing the ramp sounds like a good idea there too.